SA Visa Types And Requirements
Travelling to SA (South Africa) from Nigeria there are things you must know before applying for SA Visa, like the types of SA Visa and the requirement in this post I will be sharing the two types of SAA visa and the category of each type. Read our Travel Tips and Preparation
Below are the types of SA Visa.
- Short-Term SA Visa
- Long-Term SA Visa
We have different category of visas under this list of SA Visa
South African short-term visas are available for those who wish to visit South Africa as tourists or to visit family and friends. In all cases short-term South African visas are issued as temporary residence permits and do not lead to the opportunity to apply for permanent residency.
- Visitors Visa
- Transit Visa
- Medical(only private hospitals/clinics)
Long Term Visa
- General Work
- Medical Treatments
- Critical Skills
- Intra Company Transfer Arrow
- Retired Person
- Permanent Residence
- A valid International Passport ( Ecowas passport)
- Two identical passport size (45mmx45mm) photographs on white background showing the complete face.
- Application Form (BI84) fully completed in black ink only
- Copy of passport data page as well as copies of existing visa and previously issued visas. 4
- Self-introduction letter with a physical address and phone number.
- Introduction/Recommendation letter from an Employer
- Verifiable hotel reservation/bookings
- Copy of international vaccination card (yellow fever card)
- Proof of financial status (six months recent bank statement) or financial support letter from employer with six months bank statement in a case where the Employer is sponsoring the trip.
- Applicant traveling on an official business should attach a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/conference, etc. from a South African Company with full details of the Company’s Authorised representative; physical address and phone numbers (landline number compulsory).
- Birth Certificate for Minors/Children traveling with parents. Where applicable, a consent letter with copies of parents’ identification card/passport data page, which should be attached to the application.
- Marriage Certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days.
- Booking Verifiable Flight.
[wpforms id=”52″ description=”true”]
ApplyING for a South African Visa
Applying for SA Visa from Nigeria VFS has been appointed as an outsourced partner by the South Africa Department of Home Affairs in order to facilitate the visa applications for any person who required a visa to enter South Africa and who are resident in Nigeria.
TIME OF Submission
8 am to 3 pm on Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
VSF timelines given by South African High Commission in Nigeria for the processing of each application is a minimum of 6 working days. However, visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing time may vary.
Applicants need to bring their original receipt that was issued to them at the time of submission of visa application.
The collection timing is 10:00 – 16:00 (Monday-Friday except for holidays)
11 am to 3 pm on Monday to Friday except on public holidays. When coming pick up, take with you the receipt you were given on the submission day.
South Africa Visa Application Centre, Lagos
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
SOUTH AFRICA EMBASSY ADD IN NIGERIA
South Africa High Commission, Lagos
24 Molade Okoya Thomas Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
South Africa High Commission, Abuja
71 Usuma Street, Maitama, Abuja