Free checked baggage allowance
Baggage allowance details shown are indications for Kenya Airways operated flights only and may be subject to change depending on aircraft operated on the day of travel. Flights operated by other airlines under a Kenya Airways flight number may be subject to other baggage restrictions.
|AFRICA-America/Europe||2pc 32kg max each||2pc 23kg max each|
|2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg max each|
|Domestic & East African Destinations|
(Refer to table below)
|1PC 32kg max each||1PC max 23kg|
|Intra AFRICA 1 and Africa 5th Freedom sectors)||2PC 32kg max each||1PC 23kg max each|
|Intra AFRICA 2 and Rest of Africa||2PC 32kg max each||1PC 23kg max each|
|SPECIAL CATEGORY PASSENGERS|
|Marine/seamen/military (for any routing)||2PC 32kg max each||2PC 23kg max each|
|Sky Team Elite plus & Elite|
|1 piece EXTRA 32kg max each||1 piece EXTRA 23kg max each|
|Intra Africa 1 and all 5th Freedom sectors|
(5th freedom sectors are all flights KQ operate without touching the HUB,NBO)
|Ethiopia, Djibouti, Seychelles, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe & all 5th freedom flights sectors in the network e.g VFA-CPT, LVI-CPT,HRE-LUN,LUN-LLW, ACC-FNA,ACC-FNA, ACC-DKR, ACC-ROB, BKO-DKR, ABJ-DKR, DLA-BGF, EBB-BGF, BKK-CAN, ADD-JIB, NLA-FBM|
Domestic and East African Destinations
|Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda|
|Intra Africa 2||Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, DRC Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Rest of Africa|
|Middle East/Asia||Thailand, UAE, India, China, Saudi Arabia Rest of ME & Asia|
|Europe/America||Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe, America|
- As a mandatory standard each piece of checked in baggage shall have a name label that bears the passenger’s name, physical address and phone number on the outside and also on the inside. The name should be the same as the one mentioned on the ticket. An email address is also recommended.
- Apply the flying Blue extra allowance only when all carriers involved in the journey belong to the Sky Team Alliance unless the non SkyTeam carrier apply the sky Team Flying Blue extra allowance.
- Guests travelling from Jeddah are allowed to carry one free bottle of Holy Water, Max 5 Litres. The bottle must be sealed with a plastic covering to avoid leakage. KQ has no liability on Holy Water, no claims shall be filed. Note: For ease of handling, the maximum weight of each piece of baggage shall not exceed 32kgs (70Ibs) and total dimensions shall not exceed 158cms (62 inches) (L+W+H)
- Under special conditions or authorization, non-normal item, motorized wheelchairs, special sporting equipment may be accepted as checked baggage with exceeding weight of 32kgs.
For bags originating from Dubai, Mumbai, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Guangzhou, total dimensions shall not exceed 180cms (71 inches) for each bag.
- In addition to free cabin baggage allowance, an infant is entitled to 1 collapsible stroller plus 1 car seat free of charge.
- Incapacitated passengers may carry one wheelchair or mobility device free of charge.
- The actual free allowance of the guest may differ if code share or interline traffic is involved. In these cases, the allowance is automatically calculated in compliance with IATA Resolution 302.
- Free baggage allowance applied will be as stated in the Departure Control System (DCS) or on the e-ticket.
Source Kenya Airways